Parts in the Forging Industry:
- Forging Dies (Open and Closed Dies) for Cold, Warm and Hot Forging
- Bushings and guide pillars
Transmission parts in mechanisms of the presses – see Transmissions and Drive Systems Industry
Requirements for the parts:
- For high Hardness
- For high Wear resistance
- For high Fatigue strength
- For Plastic deformation resistance
- For Thermal fatigue resistance
Ion Nitriding Solutions:
- Significantly increasing the surface hardness, wear (abrasive and adhesive) resistance and fatigue life of the tools, improving their lifespan and performance.
- Improving the thermal fatigue resistance of the tools.
- Reducing the friction coefficient needed both for the tools and for the bushings and guide pillars.
- Increasing the corrosion resistance which is needed if the die sets are working in environments with moisture or corrosive substances.